Kayaks For Sale
How to Choose a Kayak You’ll Get the Most From
It wasn’t long ago that kayaks were looked upon as a specialty craft for a narrow niche of outdoor, white-water loving enthusiasts. That has changed dramatically in the last decade and today kayaks for sale demonstrate that they are a very viable form of watercraft for more than just those who love a gnarly, rapid-filled stretch of western river. If you are searching for kayaks for sale the key is to find a good supply of the specific type of kayak you want for the endeavors that are near and dear to your heart. Here are the major types of kayaks for sale and the uses each one is designed for.
1. Whitewater kayaks for sale represent the core of the craft. They are light, agile and feature exceptional maneuverability. These kayaks tend to be short and feature hulls that are rounded or even flat-planed. More rocker, or upturn at the ends, gives them greater ability to handle waves and choppy surfaces. You’ll find great whitewater kayaks for sale from top makers like Wilderness Systems, Valley Sea Kayaks, Hobie Kayaks, Nelo Kayaks, Impex, Kayak Trek and many more.
2. Recreational kayaks are versatile, general-use water craft that provide a great introduction to kayaking. You’ll find these kayaks for sale in shops near all types of water, whether it is moving or not. Mild to moderate rivers, bays, ponds and light wake are their domain. They deliver outstanding stability in their short, wide frames and are a good choice when exercise and relaxation are the purpose.
3. Touring kayaks for sale give you the size and capacity you need for extended trips into the wild. Taking one on a 100 mile stretch of the Columbia or for a 10-day excursion in the Boundary Waters is the type of adventure they thrive upon. Their extra length adds stability and also provides the storage capacity you need for an extended leave of absence from civilization. When duration on the water is the key, rather than speed or agility, shop touring kayaks for sale and find your next water cruiser.
4. Downriver kayaks are as opposite to touring kayaks as you’ll find. These are racing craft, and the kayaks for sale you’ll find in this category are light, long and narrow to cut through the water in a down-river direction. Turning and stability are not their strong suits, so inexperienced kayakers would do well to spend some time in one on calm waters before dropping into heavy whitewater.
5. Fishing kayaks are different in that the user sits atop the craft, rather than in it, with greater stability and leverage as the result. This is a relatively new, but fast growing niche in the kayaks for sale industry. Leading makers include Hobie, Ocean Kayak, Native Watercraft and Heritage Kayaks.
Most of these kayaks are so-called rigid kayaks. But when you shop kayaks for sale you’ll also find folding kayaks that make transporting them to the river or lake much easier, and inflatable kayaks which may not have the durability of other kayaks for sale but are affordable and convenient. Look for today’s finest kayaks for sale from companies we haven’t mentioned including Pelican International, BIC Sport North America, Hurricane Kayaks, KayakPro, Malibu Kayak and many more.